Serves 6. Crispy and golden on the outside, while soft and fluffy on the inside. better than any roast potato! A super crispy and golden edge, smashed into these potatoes, YUM!
- 6 medium-sized potatoes (Yukon Gold work nicely)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (or 2 tablespoons olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of half a lemon)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- A light spray of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crushed Margot’s Morsels Simply Sea Salt crumbs (for crispiest potatoes)
Preheat your oven to broil (or grill) settings to medium-high heat (about 400°F).
Place potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring to the boil; cook, covered for 30-35 minutes or until just fork-tender. Drain well.
Lightly spray a large baking sheet or tray with cooking oil spray. Arrange potatoes onto the sheet and use a potato masher or other flat utensil to LIGHTLY flatten the potatoes in one piece (not too hard or they will end up mashed).
Mix together the morsel crumbs, butter, lemon juice and garlic. Pour the mixture over each potato. Sprinkle with half of the oregano, salt and pepper. Lightly spray with olive oil spray, and sprinkle with crushed morsels.
Broil (or grill) until they are golden and crispy (about 15 minutes). Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining oregano.
To serve, season with a little extra salt and pepper; serve immediately.
I used butter in this recipe, because garlic butter is unmatched. However, you can substitute olive oil if you’re trying to stick to healthier or vegan fats.