Serves 4. These make for a delicious lunch or as a side for dinner. It’s also a new way to get little ones (without the chili, of course) to eat healthy with all the goodness of potassium, vitamin C, fiber, and beta-carotene, just in the sweet potato.
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes, roasted, peeled, and mashed
- 2 cups crushed Margot’s Morsels Simply Sea Salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup roughly chopped cilantro, plus leaves for serving
- 4 scallions, roughly chopped
- 2 small red Thai chiles or 1/2 serrano chile, minced
- 1 egg
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil, plus more
Mix potatoes, 1 cup morsels crumbs, the flour, chopped cilantro, scallions, chiles, egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Heat oil in a 12" skillet over medium heat. Using oiled hands, divide potato mixture into eight 4-oz. patties about 1⁄2" thick; coat in remaining morsel crumbs. Working in batches, fry, flipping once, until golden and crisp, 2–3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper; garnish with cilantro leaves.