Serves 8. This is a great use for left-over mashed potatoes from a big family meal celebration. I have found that you can also purchase mashed potatoes from many deli sections in your grocery store.
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed very dry in cheesecloth
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 pkg. (5-8 oz) feta cheese, based on taste
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed of brine
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- left-over mashed potatoes or purchase up to 24 oz. mashed potatoes from your deli or grocery
- 1/2 cup Margot's Morsels Rockin' Rosemary, crushed to a fine crumb
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients, stir in mashed potatoes. Transfer to a greased baking dish or casserole.
Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole.
Bake, covered, at 350°. Uncover 1/2 way through and bake further until golden brown, 40-45 minutes total baking time.