- 6 asparagus spears
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock or if you prefer to keep that fish flavor, clam juice works well
- 1/2 cup crab meat (canned king snow works well)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (or more for desired thickness)
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- black pepper
- Margot’s Morsels Simply Sea Salt to garnish
Add stock to saucepan over medium heat, when simmering, add crab and stir.
Slice asparagus spears, add to simmering saucepan and let it cook for a few minutes until just tender but still crisp. Take off heat.
Dissolve cornstarch into 1 tablespoon water, mix really well, then pour the mixture slowly into the saucepan while stirring gently to thicken the soup.
Add fish sauce and adjust seasoning to taste. Bring the soup to a simmer again and turn off the heat, transfer to serving bowls.
Add black pepper, garnish with morsels and enjoy.