Serves 3-4 as a snack/appetizer. The real trick here is getting avocados that hold their shape but aren't too. This recipe makes for a healthy appetizer or accompaniment to a casual outdoor lunch or dinner.
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into 16 wedges
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 3/4 cup Margot's Morsels Crazy Crumbs, Garlic
- 1 1/4 teaspoons lime chili seasoning salt (Tajin seasoning)
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime chili seasoning salt (Tajin seasoning)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
Preheat the oven 425F.
Place egg in a shallow bowl. On another shallow, combine Crazy Crumbs with 1 teaspoon Tajin or, other spicy seasoning of your choice.
This is one of those recipes that work best when the avocado is slightly firm. Season avocado wedges with 1/4 teaspoon Tajin. Dip each piece first in egg, and then in the crumbs.
Bake on a parchment-covered sheet pan until golden and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes, turning half way through. Serve warm with dipping sauce.
This also works well for those of you that have air fryers: Preheat the air-fryer 390F degrees. Cook 7 to 8 minutes turning halfway.