- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound large sea scallops (about 16 scallops), patted dry
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- ½ cup Margot’s Morsels Crazy Crumbs, Salt
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, 1 tablespoon to garnish just before serving.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Brush the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil. Pat scallops dry; arrange in a single layer in the dish. Salt and pepper both sides of the scallops evenly.
Whisk melted butter, lemon juice and shallot in a small bowl; pour over the scallops. In the same bowl, combine crazy crumbs, Parmesan, parsley and the remaining 1 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the scallops.
Bake until the scallops are opaque and the topping is golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot and sprinkle extra parsley just before serving.