Getting ready for a big gathering...maybe Super Bowl LVI? This is a crowd pleaser with a bite and a sprinkling of Margot's Morsels crumbs to dip or spread. You can make this recipe with low-fat or non-fat dairy...but what's the fun in that?
- 8 ounces cream cheese or neufcatel, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of Sriracha (less if you don't like too much heat) Or, your favorite hot sauce.
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 ounces crabmeat – picked over if you are buying fresh from a fishmonger. Or, 2 cans of premium crab meat
- 4 scallions, chopped (reserve just a couple of tablespoons for garnish)
- 4 tablespoons of parmesan, grated finely
- 1/2 cup of Margot's Morsels Primo Parmesan crumbled or, Margot's Morsels Crazy Crumbs in Parmesan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and coat a 4 cup baking dish or small skillet with neutral cooking spray.
Beat cream cheese with an electric hand-mixer until smooth and creamy. Add yogurt (or, sour cream) a little at a time to incorporate evenly. By hand add mayonnaise, Sriracha, Old Bay seasoning, Worcestershire Sauce, lemon zest and lemon juice and stir to combine. Fold in crab meat, scallions, 2 tablespoons of the parmesan and transfer to the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
Bake until steaming hot and the top is just beginning to brown (15 – 20 minutes). Sprinkle the top with your morsels and a sprinkle of your reserved scallions. I dressed it with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, too.
Serve with crunchy crudités for dipping or spoon onto toasted baguette slices. while hot and melty, I dipped more morsels into it. As it cools it gets stiffer and is better spooned.