Jeff’s Stuffed Mushrooms
Serves 6-10 as an appetizer. As Jeff says, "These babies are poppable" and we agree.
- Regular white mushrooms (about 2” across, large enough for stuffing)
- Margot’s Morsels Killer Garlic, smashed to a fine crumb
- Grated Parmesan cheese to taste, depending upon how many mushrooms your stuffing
- Scallion (or chives, depending on your preference), finely chopped
- A splash of soy sauce or fish sauce for flavor (optional)
Optional: Melted butter or olive oil just to get the crumb to hold…the small amount of soy or fish sauce is probably enough since Margot’s Morsels are already baked with high-quality, organic olive oil. However, for those in the "there is no such thing as too much butter", add to taste.
Remove the stem to make room for the "Margot Mix."
Margot's Mix - Mix your morsels (smashed into crumbs of a size that suits your taste…the bigger the crunchier), grated parmesan cheese – Asiago would be a good choice here for extra flavor – scallion, flavoring (soy or fish sauce), and a little fat (olive oil or butter, just to bind). Stuff your mushrooms and add an extra sprinkling of cheese on top.
You can place them on a grill while cooking other parts of your dinner until cooked through. Or, place them in the oven at 350° for about 20 minutes or until hot, bubbly and cooked through.
Serve as an appetizer or a side dish.