- 4 slices of bacon, cooked crispy
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- ½ C. pine nuts or other nuts, of your liking
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Lemon juice
- ½ C. Margot’s Morsels Killer Garlic
Charred and crispy on the outside, lightly caramelized and meaty on the inside make for a delicious holiday side dish. With the added crunch of Margot’s Morsels crazy crumbs, they make for a deliciously healthy side dish for the holidays.
Dice 4 slices of bacon, and cook them in your skillet. Once crispy, remove to drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Caramelize your sprouts on a medium-high heat in the bacon drippings and add a splash of lemon juice to intensify the flavors.
Stir a handful of chopped, raw nuts into the pan with the Brussels sprouts at the very end. Continue stirring, allowing the residual heat from the pan to toast the nuts. For this recipe, I used pine nuts but walnuts and pecans are two of our other favorites.
Add the crispy bacon pieces to the finished sprouts and transfer to a warmed serving plate. Top your final plate with finely crumbled Margot’s Morsels. What could be easier? YUM!
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds instead of using lemon juice as the acid in this dish
- Add some shaved parmesan before adding your morsel crumbs