Serves 4 – 6. these can be made small and served as an appetiser or larger as a side dish, either way topped with sour cream...YUM.
- 1-1/2 lbs shredded zucchini approximately 4 cups
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup Margot’s Morsels Primo Parmesan, crushed fine
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Sour cream or creme fraiche for garnish
Shred zucchini and place in colander in sink or over large bowl and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Let stand for 10 minutes to sweat-out excess moisture. Press and squeeze out remaining moisture using a cheese cloth.
Place zucchini in a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
To a sauté pan add olive oil over a medium high heat. Scoop 1/3 cup of batter into your palm an form into a patty and add to pan. Repeat with remaining batter.
Cook on each side for 2-4 minutes until batter begins to brown slightly.
Serve immediately. Makes approximately 8-10 fritters