- 6 earns corn (~3 pounds), shucked and silk removed
- 4 stalks of green onion, trimmed of half of the green
- 1-2 jalapenos, stemmed and halved lengthwise with seeds and ribs removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- ¼ cup sliced fresh chives
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 bag Margot’s Morsels Killer Garlic
Over a medium-high grill or grill pan, brush corn, scallions and jalapeño with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until corn kernels are browned in spots, 6 to 8 minutes, and the scallions and jalapeño are charred all over and tender, 9 to 10 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a cutting board and let cool slightly.
In a medium bowl, using a whisk, mash the feta into a chunky paste. Whisk in buttermilk, lemon zest and juice and garlic, then stir in chives and parsley. Finely chop the charred jalapeño and stir it into the feta dressing; season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss lettuce with half the feta dressing and arrange on a platter. Slice corn kernels off the cob and slice scallions into small pieces. Arrange avocado slices, corn, scallions and morsels on top of the lettuce. Serve with dressing on the side.
Make your dressing the night before and tear up your salad greens and everything can be assembled outside by the grill.