- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ¼ teaspoon red-pepper flakes, plus more to taste
- ¾ cup Margot's Morsels Crazy Crumbs, Garlic
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Kernels from 1 large or 2 small ears corn (about 3/4 cup)
- 8 ounces fresh lump crab meat
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Julienned or torn fresh basil leaves, for serving
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the spaghetti and cook, tossing occasionally, until al dente. Scoop out 1 cup pasta water, then drain the pasta and set aside. Zest, then juice the lemon, and set aside to use later. Transfer crumbs to a small bowl, add red pepper flakes and set aside.
Add the 3 tablespoons butter to a large skillet along with the wine. Simmer over medium heat, stirring to melt the butter, and add the corn kernels. Cook until the corn is tender and the liquid is reduced by about half, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside until the pasta is ready.
Add the reserved pasta water to the skillet, along with 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, then add the cooked pasta and cook, tossing often, until about half the liquid has been absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the crab, toss, and cook for 1 more minute, until the crab is heated through. Off the heat, stir in the lemon juice, then the Parmesan, and toss until the cheese is melted and add the parsley, Taste for seasonings and add salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve the pasta in shallow bowls, topped with a generous sprinkle of Margot's Morsels Crazy Crumbs, lemon zest, basil and more red-pepper flakes if desired.